Suffering from neck pain due to whiplash is not something anyone wishes to deal with on a daily basis. Neck pain can be extremely debilitating, especially when associated headaches cause distraction from the task at hand, whether that be studying for school, reading, working on the computer, attending important meetings, or something as simple as watching a movie. When the pain reaches a certain level, there is not much else to do but seek help. A Utah spinal cord injury lawyer may be helpful in obtaining for you compensation when your pain is the result of another’s negligent action. The Christensen Law Firm, PLLC, specializes in spinal cord injuries and will do their best to aid you, making sure you do not suffer any more than you already have.
According to emedicinehealth.com, there are many causes to whiplash, and the symptoms can be severe. Having a clear understanding of the causes, symptoms, and when to seek medical attention is vital to your overall health and recovery.
- Common causes
- Car accidents
- Sport injuries
- Blows to the head
- Falling objects
- Being assaulted
- Repetitive stress injuries or chronic strain
- Holding a phone between neck and shoulder
- Child abuse
- Shaking of a child
- Pain in the neck
- Swelling in the neck
- Tenderness—back of neck
- Difficult rotating or maneuvering neck
- Shooting pain from neck to shoulders, back, or arm
When to Seek Medical Care
- The best time to seek medical care is immediately after injuries incurred
- Neck injuries are far too dangerous to self-diagnose and should be treated by a medical professional
- If the injury causes headaches; shoulder pain; dizziness; weakness, tingling, or loss of function in the arms or legs; seek immediate medical attention.
If you suffer because of whiplash, caused by someone else’s carelessness, you need the Christensen Law Firm, PLLC. They offer free Utah accident books that will better help you understand your rights concerning personal injuries caused by others’ negligence. Feel free to call 1-800 LAW BOOK and obtain your free copy today.