Utah Woman Dies in Rollover Accident

Utah Woman Dies in Rollover Accident

The Nevada Highway Patrol says a 28-year-old Utah woman died in a weekend rollover accident on Interstate 15, several miles north of the Las Vegas Motor Speedway on March 13, 2011. Troopers said a male passenger was hurt when he was thrown from the vehicle, but a baby and an 8-year-old escaped serious injury when the northbound Dodge sport utility vehicle rolled over. We offer our deepest sympathies and condolences to this family.  Please keep them in your prayers. Data from the National Center for Statistics and Analysis suggest that a quarter of a million road crash cases involve children occupants.  This means that almost a thousand kids get hurt everyday due to traffic collisions. It is obvious that children are more vulnerable to injuries because they are smaller and more delicate. Original...
Carbon Monoxide Leak Sickens 3 Ogden, Utah Residents

Carbon Monoxide Leak Sickens 3 Ogden, Utah Residents

A fire official in Ogden says three people were hospitalized for treatment of carbon monoxide poisoning after a leak blamed on a faulty water heater.  Firefighters went to an apartment building March 2 after a man arrived at Ogden McKay-Dee Hospital with symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning. It was possible that a faulty water heater leaked the toxic gas into furnace ducts that carried it into the apartments. Carbon monoxide is a leading cause of poisoning fatalities in the country. Each year, there are more than 2,100 Americans who die accidentally from carbon monoxide, according to the Journal of the American Medical Association. Carbon monoxide, an odorless and colorless gas, is so powerful it can cause brain damage or sudden death to those who inhale it. This gas is present in different forms such as in combustion fumes, lamps, gas ranges and heaters. Usual symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning include headache, faintness, unsettled stomach, and chest pain.   Photo & Original...